Monday, June 6, 2016

Being Kind

With the rising temperatures in Delhi (maximum temperatures around 45 degrees Celsius), it is difficult to keep one's cool let alone be kind. I personally don't do good when I am in the kitchen and dripping with sweat in such extreme weather conditions. That is the worst time to have a sensible word with me. Nonetheless, I tried hard over the weekend to be calm and not to lose my cool.

 
In the past week, I was kind to others by:
  • Holding the elevator for a person who was rushing from a distance to get in.
  • Doing dirty laundry which was piled up by the boys over many days.
  • Doing a task myself which was assigned to someone else (but connected to me) as that person was having a really busy day.
  • Remembering to water the plants.
  • Not cursing my boss when I had to stay back in office for two and half hours due to a last moment task.
  • Complimenting a friend when she wore a dress different from her usual style.
  • Being courteous (Read more of it in "Being Courteous")
  • Not being harsh on the new maid who didn't report on the day she promised (or a couple of more days after that!)
  • Being polite to obnoxious co-passengers on the metro.  

I am taking part in the first ever Kindness Challenge (2016) hosted by Nikki from The Richness Of A Simple Life.
 

The weekly prompts:
Week 1: Start you day with kindness
Week 2: Observe kindness around you
Week 3: Focus your energy on being kind to others
Week 4: Focus on doing something kind for someone
Week 5: End your day thinking about kindness
Week 6: Think about someone that inspires you to be better, kinder, gentler
Week 7: Do something kind for someone and keep it to yourself

2 comments:

  1. Yes it can be challenging to be kind in uncomfortable weather :) I'm glad you found so many opportunities to be kind! I love that kindness comes in so many forms! Thank you so much for participating Natasha.

    ReplyDelete

Loved that you dropped by. It would lovely to know how you feel about this post too :)