Metro Tales #1: Specky

Ever since i arrived in Delhi, I have always preferred Delhi Metro Rail to any other public transport. I usually travel in the designated women's compartment (Read my post 'The Pink Zone') and one can see all kinds of dynamics at this place. However, there are interesting things happening all around in Delhi Metro.

A few days back, as I was commuting to office in the morning, I was standing near the door which would open at my station. Once I board, after a couple of stations the opposite door starts to open at the stations. At the same door, a girl wearing spectacles was sitting comfortably on the floor, engrossed in the book that she was reading. She must be traveling from a distant station as the same door have not opened for quite some time now. At the next station however, the door was going to open. But I guessed, she did not realize that it was time to get away from it. Suddenly, I heard a voice behind me calling out.

Girl: "Hello! Excuse me! Hello Specky!" Specky finally looks up from her book.
Girl: "The door is going to open at the next station." Specky gets up hurriedly, brushes off her back and gathers her belongings. And then suddenly she reacts.
Specky (angrily): "By the way, what did you call me? Specky? Very smart huh!"
Girl (sarcastically): "Thank you. I was trying to call you. But you could not hear me."
Specky (rudely):  "By the way, that was sarcasm. But you could not understand."

I could not help but smile inwardly thinking who was the one being sarcastic and who was the one who could not understand. And instead of being grateful that the doors did not open against her back, Specky tried her hand at being sarcastic.

Labels: , , , ,