Friday, September 20, 2013

Book Review: The Kite Runner

The Kite RunnerThe Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"For you, a thousand times over"

I lovvvvvveeeed this book!! I had watched the movie few years back but was yet to read the book. I loved the movie too but it did not touch me the way the book did. Of course it never does, right!

I loved Hassan and hated Amir for hurting him. And I would love to know if Sohrab finally opens himself up to Amir and Soraya. The story is not really a happy one. But it is one which will touch your heart and demand a space in your thoughts for a long time. It is about love, trust, jealousy, friendship, brotherhood, courage and cowardice.It is about how these emotions experienced in childhood can carve out your entire life, how childhood can make who you are.

And yes, the author is an excellent storyteller. He is truly gifted. I love the way he can make you feel the emotions of the characters through his simple words.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loved that you dropped by. It would lovely to know how you feel about this post too :)