Thursday, August 29, 2013

Book Review: And The Mountains Echoed

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this book. Such intricate yet engaging storytelling. Single story which is revealed in several stories of fhe characters. The book is not a single narration. It is narrated in third person as well as in first person of different characters. Although it is about the brother Abdullah and his kid sister Pari who are separated in childhood, the novel is the stories of certain characters who play some role as well as important roles in their lives and their comnection is revealed across the novel. I found the story of Parwana, the children's stepmother, very intriguing.Nabi,Nila and Suleiman's relations were complicated yet simple. Idris and Timur gave glimpses of basic but different human natures.The backdrop is Afghanistan but the story travels across Europe, USA, Greece and Pakistan as well. I devoured the book with relish. But I wished Abdullah and Pari were reunited much earlier. I think I loved the storytelling more than the story itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loved that you dropped by. It would lovely to know how you feel about this post too :)