Sunday, July 7, 2013

Book Review: The Aviary Gate

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

The story runs in two periods, one is set in the year 1599 and the other is set in present day when a research student discovers a manuscript. I felt the present day part was absolutely unnecessary. It was more like a plot of a Mills & Boons novel. This part actually spoiled the line of the earlier period for me. Plus I felt the period story itself was not so strong. Couple of things seemed irrelevant; like the slave girls Celia and Annetta were having stomachaches which was mentioned frequently but no explanation was given for that. The book started on an interesting note but towards the later part I had to force myself to finish it. This book can be read only as a time-pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loved that you dropped by. It would lovely to know how you feel about this post too :)