Silent Kindness



So we are at the end of seven weeks of kindness. Focusing on kindness and being kind all these weeks had been a kind of spiritual experience. Doing something kind for someone and not telling them or letting them know, is another heat-warming experience. And when that person realizes what you have done for them, their expression on their faces is no less rewarding. I am really glad that I chose to take up this challenge.

After my last week's reflection post, a brother tagged me in a post on FB that said, 

"Overloaded doses on kindness has led to the world we encounter, a tight slap straight onto the cheek can save the planet in more ways than imaginable. Just make sure you have enough muscles/authority/power/lobby."

His remark made me reflect on my behaviour. For me, my world is my family on both sides. What would be the consequences if I lash out at people around me at home when I am angry/annoyed/upset with them? What would be their reactions? Would they still like to talk to me or start to avoid having any kind of conversations with me? Would a tight slap (literally or figuratively) save my world or hurl it towards bitterness? I know, in many situations, it is the stern word that works and not kind ones. But I believe the stern word would work effectively only if the concerned party holds you in respect (triggered by kindness and humanity) instead of spite or fear (triggered by muscles/authority/power/lobby).

What do you think?


I am taking part in the first ever Kindness Challenge (2016) hosted by Nikki from The Richness Of A Simple Life.

The weekly prompts:
Week 1: Start you day with kindness
Week 2: Observe kindness around you
Week 3: Focus your energy on being kind to others
Week 4: Focus on doing something kind for someone
Week 5: End your day thinking about kindness
Week 6: Think about someone that inspires you to be better, kinder, gentler
Week 7: Do something kind for someone and keep it to yourself

Labels: , , , ,